Vacancy - Middlesex & MCC Head of Women’s Cricket
- Middlesex & MCC Head of Women’s Cricket
- Director of Participation and Safeguarding - Middlesex Cricket
- Managing Director of Cricket – Middlesex Cricket
- MCC Assistant Secretary, Cricket
- £34,000-£38,000 (dependent on experience)
Marylebone Cricket Club and Middlesex Cricket is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Purpose of the Job
Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) and Middlesex Cricket are partners in the development and growth of Women and Girls cricket. With a proud history of leading the way at recreational, performance and elite level.
With strong club structures, revered grassroots delivery and successful performance sides this role will harness this history, and drive future programmes. With the strategic overview of programmes from recreational level to talent development and performance, this role offers a unique opportunity to influence the future of female cricket in the county.
As host of the Sunrisers, the elite structure and pathway for female cricketers, Middlesex Cricket is a key deliverer in the continued growth of female cricket both locally, regionally and nationally. The Head of Women’s Cricket will lead a team of coaches and officers, ensuring key strategic priorities are met, and that women’s cricket is a central component of Middlesex Cricket and its community.
MCC are the world's largest member’s cricket club, with a thriving Women’s section. The Head of Women’s Cricket will ensure that playing offers and club strategy are aligned, working with the MCC Foundation and departments across the club to continue to drive the growth of the game. As home to London Spirit Women, MCC holds a proud place at the forefront of women’s spectator sport, inspiring generations to love cricket.
Middlesex Cricket Principle Responsibilities
- Lead on strategic direction of Middlesex Women’s & Girls Performance Cricket
- Accountable for the delivery of the Women and Girls Performance Action Plan for Middlesex and ECB Minimum Quality Standards
- Manage budgets for Middlesex Women and Girls performance programmes
- Manage and develop relationships with partner counties and organisations, including MCC, ECB and Sunrisers
- Support Commercial opportunities for W&G cricket in Middlesex
- Support Media exposure of Middlesex W&G programmes and players
- Manage training and playing schedules and programmes for all Middlesex Women & County Age Group Teams, including, Transition, Talent ID and Talent Acceleration programmes
- Facilitate the integration of Science & Medicine into programmes for all Middlesex players
- Oversee Player Development of all players in Middlesex Women & Girls pathway – including Talent ID process and liaison with other programmes players are involved with, schools and clubs
- Line management and ongoing appraisal of all Coaches and Managers working within Middlesex County Women & Girls programmes
- Drive stakeholder engagement in Women & Girls cricket across Middlesex (working with other Middlesex Cricket departments)
- Facilitate club development within Middlesex and wider county network (working with Middlesex Participation Team)
- Support Workforce Development (Coaches, Officials, Volunteers) across Middlesex and wider county network (working with Middlesex Participation Team)
MCC Principle Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the Women’s Cricket Plan, in line with MCC Strategic objectives
- Manage budgets, relating to Women’s Cricket Plan
- Manage the MCC women’s playing programme
- Act as Secretary for MCC Women’s sub-committee
- Increase number of active MCC playing members and develop offer for members
- Work with MCC Foundation to support delivery of female engagement programmes
- Support the delivery of London Spirit programmes
- Act as MCC representative on the Regional / Sunrisers Board
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of strategic delivery within a sports development (or similar) environment
- Experience of developing and managing partnerships
- Ability to manage a workforce, including, coaches, managers and volunteers
- Knowledge of Women and Girls Cricket, including current national and local structures and pathways
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of organisation and ability to prioritise workloads
- The role will involve evening and weekend work, so ability to work unsociable hours is essential
- Up to date ECB DBS, valid First Aid and Safeguarding qualification.
- Middlesex Director of Development & Safeguarding
- Middlesex Director of Cricket
- Women’s Cricket Operations Executive
- Regional Director of Women’s Cricket
- Middlesex Women’s Head Coach, County Age Group & Pathway Coaches
- Middlesex Cricket Senior Management Team
- Participation Manager (Women’s & Girls)
- MCC Assistant Secretary (Cricket)
- MCC Cricket committee
- MCC Cricket Office
- MCC Women’s sub-committee
Please forward a covering letter, stating your suitability and vision for the role, and CV, to Hannah Baxter at [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th March 2021 at 5pm. Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 5th April 2021.
Marylebone Cricket Club and Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.