Brondesbury Sports Club have an exciting opportunity for an individual to become their head groundsperson.
Brondesbury Sports Club are looking to recruit someone as their head groundsperson. For more information on this exciting role, please see the job advert below:
Location: Brondesbury Sports Club, 5a Harman Drive, London, NW2 2EB The Role
Salary: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Brondesbury Sports Club is a multi-faceted facility incorporating cricket, tennis, squash, as well as schools’ sports (rugby, football, hockey and athletics). The outside surfaces, including outfields, consist of 15 cricket pitches (including three hybrid pitches), seven synthetic tennis courts, two squash courts, pathways and parking. We have invested heavily in our cricket square in the past three years and so this is an exciting time for the club.
The club have the required equipment and the necessary machinery for this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of a thriving club with a huge playing membership.
As Head Groundsperson, you will report to the President and Cricket Designate. We seek a full-time candidate who, amongst other things, will:
- Maintain and prepare the cricket square and outfields to Premier League standard
- Be responsible for pitch planning
- Be available for home cricket matches as required
- Clean, prepare and maintain tennis and squash courts as required
- Prepare outfield for use of schools throughout term time
- Maintenance of all outside areas, including outbuildings, footpaths, car parks, hedges and trees.
- Liaising with suppliers to order products & supplies when required
- Ensure equipment is maintained & serviced
To be considered for our Head Groundsperson position, we are looking for candidates who are organised and proactive, remain calm in a busy and demanding environment, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and possess a flexible attitude to working hours (prepared to work weekends and bank holidays as required). This is very much a ‘hands on’ role, although some assistance will be provided. The following skills, qualifications and experience are desirable:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of cricket squares
- The ability to use own initiative to identify and fix problems
- Awareness and adherence to relevant Health and Safety legislation
- A flexible approach to the working day
- A high attention to detail and organisation
- Proven pitch and multi-sports grounds and general maintenance experience is desirable
How To Apply
Please email a brief covering letter, along with your CV to 1st XI captain, James Overy: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5th August
The successful candidate would ideally be involved in post-season renovations this year.