VACANCY | LEAD PHYSIOTHERAPIST – SUNRISERS & LONDON SPIRIT WOMEN
Job Title: Lead Physiotherapist – Sunrisers & London Spirit Women
Employer: Middlesex Cricket (to be seconded to London Spirit during The Hundred)
Reports to: Sunrisers Regional Director of Women’s Cricket
Location: London & East Region (travel and out of hours work required)
Term: Fixed term to 31st January 2023
Salary: £36,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience)
Purpose of the Job:
As the regional Women’s Elite Domestic structure evolves, both Sunrisers and London Spirit are committed to providing high performance environments for their athletes. As part of a developing Sports Science & Sports Medicine (SSSM) team the Lead Physiotherapist will play a key role in overseeing the programmes and people who support players performance on and off the pitch.
As a member of staff, the role holder is expected to continually maintain professional standards, displaying integrity and humility alongside the desire to drive their own standards and those around them. Multi-disciplinary working is a necessity, always contributing to a high performing environment and culture.
- Manage a comprehensive, player management system across the Sunrisers Senior, Academy and Pathway programmes, including management of relevant SSSM delivery staff.
- Manage the physiotherapy provision for all Sunrisers programmes in accordance with the details outlined in the Science & Medicine Review. Including, but not limited to, attendance and service provision at training sessions, home and away fixtures and camps/tours.
- Lead on delivery of the bi-annual Science & Medicine Review, to quality assure processes, resources and effectiveness of the department, and communicate key findings actions to key internal contacts.
- Lead on Dual Player Management with relevant externally contracted players, including ECB Centrally Contracted players within Sunrisers regional structure and players within other performance pathways and all franchise cricket.
- Communicate non-confidential headline availability and fitness status information with relevant coaches, delivery staff and RDoWC.
- Manage internal and external medical record-keeping standards, ensuring they maintained at a satisfactory level as per HCPC guidelines and are entered on to the ECB’s Injury Management Database (‘Cricket Squad’).
- Work in collaboration with the Sunrisers and London Spirit Sports Doctor and Sunrisers Pyscho-social Lead to ensure good governance and processes underpin the department, including a clear wellbeing pathway and medical screening and profiling.
- Support ongoing player monitoring across all SSSM and coaching staff, including workload management, and any other relevant physical and/or mental parameters.
- Coordinate Match Day medical provision for all Sunrisers matches, including adherence to ECB Medical Standards.
- Manage the professional compliance and development of themselves and any other physio/therapists employed/contracted to the team, in line with the ECB Medical Standards.
- Manage the process of player transfers into London Spirit Women ahead of The Hundred competition period, including clear documentation and communication trails with external practitioners.
- Lead physiotherapy and medical service provision for London Spirit Women during the period of The Hundred competition, including the dual management of players employed by International Cricket Boards, centrally contracted by ECB or contracted to other regional hosts.
- Manage the handover of London Spirit Women’s players to their relevant employers at the end of The Hundred competition period, including clear documentation and communication trails with external practitioners.
- Undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice and current evidence-based research.
The role does require extended hours and regular travel throughout the UK during the competitive season (April-September) which will include working on weekends and Bank holidays.
Note: The Job Description summarises the major role and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to exclude the job holder being asked to undertake any other activities as required from time to time by the Regional Director of Women’s Cricket, nor future changes to the job holder’s responsibilities. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time.
Job holders will be consulted over any proposed changes to this job description before implementation.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Current member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and registered as a Physiotherapist with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduate experience in the provision of physiotherapy services.
- Experience working with elite athletes/teams, preferably including touring with high performance squads.
- Advanced Life Support and Trauma Management training within past two years (needs to be in place prior to starting role).
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- DBS Certificate -A disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual’s criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are barred from working with children.
- A postgraduate qualification specialising in Sports Physiotherapy/Sports and Exercise Medicine/Sports Rehabilitation.
Personal Attributes, Aptitudes and Abilities
- Ability to motivate, support and influence individuals and organisations.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude with initiative, focus and drive.
- Patience with an orderly approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Interact effectively with all departments and personnel at Sunrisers & London Spirit.
- Passionate to be part of the development of women’s cricket
- Sunrisers Head Coach
- Sunrisers Strength & Conditioning Lead
- Sunrisers Sports Therapist
- Sunrisers Pysch-Social Lead
- Sunrisers Sports Doctor
- London Spirit Medical and Support Staff
- Middlesex Cricket Head of Medical Services
- Sunrisers Senior Regional Talent Manager
- Sunrisers Emerging Player Talent Manager
- ECB Sport Science & Medicine Staff
- External Medical Leads in Performance Pathways and Franchise cricket
Please forward both your CV, a Cover Letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 5pm. Interviews will be conducted in w/c 13th December 2021.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club receives, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.
All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Sunrisers & Middlesex Cricket are committed to protecting and safeguarding the young people and children we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer work practice across our organisation and across all the services we provide.
Link to privacy notice to be added here.