HIGHGATE CRICKET CLUB ARE RECRUITING FOR THE ROLE OF HEAD GROUNDSPERSON
Highgate CC has a vacancy for a groundsperson to take charge of their ground, which includes a 15 wicket square, outfield and two artificial nets. Prospective applicants should have a significant responsibility for, and experience of cricket ground preparation and maintenance. This role will report to the Highgate CC Ground Manager in the first instance.
Highgate CC aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
The full Job Description is found below:
- Preparation and maintenance of cricket square, outfield, grass and non-turf practice facilities for club members (both Senior and Junior) and the local community on occasions.
- Manage weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programmes to ensure high standards of surface presentation.
- Have a developed awareness of Health & Safety regulations, risk assessments, and legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances.
- Ensure equipment is regularly maintained and serviced, supporting the efficient use of our resources.
- Maintain good communication with key stakeholders, as well as volunteers / apprentices who will assist with ground maintenance.
- Maintenance of the entire ground including surrounds, ground container area, score-box, and sight screens.
- Complete end of season renovations on our square in late September / early October.
- To be a key holder for the club and open the clubhouse for planned lets / access during normal working hours.
- To liaise with cleaners, visitors and general committee members when appropriate.
- To ensure, if required, that the pavilion is set out for club functions, which may involve moving furniture out of the bar as needed.
- We would like candidates to have completed GMA Training (Levels 1&2) and be working towards GMA Level 3 training, or appropriate equivalent qualifications.
- Sound understanding of cricket, and at least 2 years groundsperson experience within a cricket setting.
- Clear understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation, and formal training in manual handling and risk assessment.
- Desirable Qualities - Pavilion maintenance skills and experience, PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates, GMA membership holder and a valid driving licence.
GENERAL CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This contract will be for an 8 month period from March - October each year. There will be 36 working hours per week on average. This will be a PAYE role with appropriate paid holiday (to be agreed with the Ground Manager) included in the remuneration.
- Weekend work will be required during the cricket season (April - September) - we require the groundsperson to be present at all Saturday League games.
- The club will include provision for CPD on grounds care skills and knowledge, for instance GMA training programmes.
SALARY BANDING, START DATE AND HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary negotiable, but will be broadly based on GMA recommended salary scale for Groundsperson work.
- Desired start date for the successful applicant is 1st March 2022.
- To Apply:
- Please submit your application and CV to [email protected]
- Closing Date 14th January 2022
- First Interviews (in person / zoom) to be held from 24th January 2022.