VACANCY - OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Job Description: Operations Executive, Middlesex Cricket
Job Title: Operations Executive
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Primarily Lord’s Cricket Ground (includes home and venue-based working)
Salary: £23,000-£24,000 (dependent on experience)
Purpose of the Job:
The Operations Executive will provide operational and administrative support to the Director of Operations in order to ensure the efficient planning and organisation of (but not limited to) cricket operations, match day planning & preparation, and Club events.
- Liaising with the Men’s Professional Cricket department to produce a season training and whereabouts diary for the Department
- Manage the booking and co-ordinating of training and practice facilities for the Men’s Professional Cricket department.
- Assist in the booking and organising of travel for overseas players, including flights, airport transfers, arrival and departure management.
- Source and manage international player rental properties.
- Assist in the booking and organisation of team hotels and travel arrangements for Professional men and women’s teams.
- Assisting with the coordination and management of club lease vehicles and club fleet insurance
- Manage expense claims for the Men’s Professional Cricket Department
- Fulfilment, allocation and stock management of the Professional Squads (men &women) Kit, plus assist in the delivery and fulfilment of staff, community and youth squads kit.
- Assist in the administration surrounding ECB regulations, player registration process and overseas visa’s
- Maintain men’s professional Cricket department records, internally and externally.
- Assist in co-ordinating requests from all departments regarding player appearances
- General office duties, including answering membership and spectator queries, assisting with Club events and match day ticketing.
- Assisting in the organisation and running of all home games away from Lord’s, including liaising with suppliers and partners
- Onsite set up/close down at match day events and supporting the delivery of a match day experience for customers
- Other general administration duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in an office environment with previous planning / organisational responsibilities
- Keen interest in the sport sector, some knowledge of cricket is desirable
- A high degree of personal resilience to cope with the demands of working within elite sport and juggling priorities
- Good IT skills and experience of using MS platforms
- Full driving license
- Can-do attitude, flexible and adaptable
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Confidence working alone and as part of a team
- An understanding that the role will involve working outside normal office hours, including evenings and weekends, sometimes at short notice especially during the cricket season
Please forward your CV and an accompanying Cover Letter, stating your suitability for the role, to [email protected]. Please note that you will be required to complete and return a Safer Recruitment Application Form if you are shortlisted and invited to interview.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 14th of November 2022. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 21st of November 2022.
Please note that due to the volume of applications the Club received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications. All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK, sponsorship for overseas employees cannot be provided for this role.
Middlesex Cricket is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Middlesex Cricket are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The Club’s Privacy notice can be viewed here.