VACANCY | BRONDESBURY CRICKET CLUB
Brondesbury Cricket Club, a Middlesex Premier League Club, is seeking a groundsperson for their home ground at Brondesbury Sports Club (NW2 2EB). For more information on this exciting role, please see the job advert below:
Brondesbury Head Groundsperson Job Description
You are required to carry out the duties outlined below, in addition to other ad-hoc or regular tasks that may reasonably be requested by the Board or nominated member.
For the avoidance of doubt, the duties outlined are non-exhaustive. Although all of the below duties should be undertaken, you are required to be proactive in both identifying and undertaking any other tasks which further your overriding responsibility to the Club.
1. General Duties
Responsible for all aspects of groundsmanship relating to the Brondesbury Sports Club.
- The overall care & maintenance of Brondesbury Sports Club ground facilities, including the Club House.
- The care & maintenance of machinery & equipment to ensure that they are of the highest standard possible.
- The care & maintenance of the sports ground’s perimeter to ensure that it is presentable, safe, and attractive.
- Prepare the outfield for use of schools throughout term time.
- The Maintenance of all outside areas, including outbuildings, footpaths, car parks, hedges, and trees.
- Liaising with suppliers to order products & supplies when required.
- Ensure equipment is maintained & serviced.
- Procurement of necessary materials required to undertake work on the ground, subject to regular review by the Board or nominated member. All receipts/invoices are to be kept and submitted to the Board. All payments in excess of £200 are to be approved by the board or nominated member prior to purchase.
2. Cricket Duties
- The care & maintenance of the cricket square to Premier Division standard. This should include proper post pitch renovations during the season. It is expected that the club will be in the top half of the Premier League ground standings.
- The care & maintenance of the outfield to Premier Division standard.
- The care & maintenance of the cricket nets & all training facilities/equipment as to ensure that they remain in their best possible state for the longest amount of time possible.
- To be present on the ground when the captain arrives for cricket matches & prepare the necessary equipment and 'regulations' (e.g., stumps and fielding circles).
- To be proactive in communicating each week with the1st XI Captain with regards to facilities and pitch preparations. Should the 1st XI Captain or a member of the Board contact you, you should endeavor to reply within a reasonable period, and in any event within 24 working hours.
- Prepare to the best of your abilities a turf pitch to use every Tuesday for practice (and have the cage in place).
- Ensure the final cut of the outfield each week is a 'box-cut' and done no earlier than Thursday evening (preferably done on Friday afternoon). When weather intervenes, this should be undertaken at the latest possible time.
- Ensure the proper covering of pitches before matches.
- Sight Screens must be set up for a right-arm seamer before training and on a match day.
- Repaint the crease-lines mid-innings during every 1st XI match (around 3 pm).
- Ensure the proper 'roping/cordoning off’ of the square.
3. Tennis Duties (please also see the detailed description of tennis, squash, and other duties in a separate attachment)
- The regular maintenance of the Tennis Pavilion.
- The regular sanding and sweeping of the tennis courts.
- The regular review, repair/replacement of tennis nets.
- Maintenance of the tennis patio area.
- The regular clearing of weeds, moss, rubbish and mud from the courts and surrounding areas.
- Seasonal trees and hedges pruning.
- The regular tennis courts power brushing following maintenance instructions received from the club coordinator.
- Once a week tennis garden watering during April-September.
- The regular inspection of the external and internal condition of the courts and hall areas where possible and ensuring that the Roof Gutter and the exterior of the squash building are maintained and informing the Squash Secretary or The Board or nominated member of problems where you are unable to deal with them yourself.
Applications must be submitted to the email [email protected] and accompanied by your covering letter before the closing date (28th February 2023).