SURREY 150/7




Surrey won the toss and elected to bat at Sunbury in the first of two games being played.

Middlesex got off to a flyer, as Patel was caught by Compton off the bowling of Barber in just the second over, with Surrey on 19/1. The visitors continued steadily before losing 2 wickets in the space of just 7 runs as Podmore picked up the wickets of Harinath and Batchelor respectively. With Welch and van den Bergh at the crease, the pair added 48 runs between them before the latter was stumped by White off the bowling of Sowter, with Surrey on 96/4. Pillans was the new man at the crease and put on a partnership of 44 with Welch before being sent back to the pavilion by Higgins. Surrey's next 2 wickets fell for just 9 more runs as the visitors finished on 150/7.

In response, Middlesex got off to a disappointing start losing both Higgins and Compton with just 18 runs on the scoreboard. It was a similar story throughout as Middlesex lost wickets at regular intervals and at the halfway stage were 48/4. The hosts then lost opening batsman Eskinazi, trapped in front by Virdi for 24. Middlesex were able to keep the scoreboard ticking, although losing wickets all too frequently cost them, as the run rate climbed, before Middlesex were bowled out for 101, to suffer a 49 run defeat.




SURREY 125 a/o



After a disappointing first game, things got off to a brighter start as Middlesex won the toss and elected to bat.

Middlesex got off to a sticky start, losing Eskinazi in the second over with the score on 21/1. The hosts then lost their next three wickets for just 1 run as Gubbins, Scott and Higgins were sent back to the pavilion as Middlesex were reduced to 26/4. However, with Holden and Andersson at the crease the pair were able to steady the innings, adding 31 before the former was run out by Pillans. White was the new man at the crease and a partnership of 55 strengthened the score, before Andersson was dismissed with Middlesex on 112/6. The last wicket to fall was Podmore and Middlesex had posted a total of 144/7.

Surrey in response got off to a shaky start, losing Reifer in the first over, clean bowled by Holden. Despite the early setback, the visitors were able to keep the scoreboard ticking and at 77/4 looked to be on course to chase down the target. However a batting collapse in the middle order reduced Surrey to 92/8, as the visitors lost 4 wickets for just 15 runs. Teale kept the scoreboard ticking, adding a useful 25 before being dismissed by Podmore, before the last wicket fell, as Virdi was caught and bowled by Godsal and Surrey were all out for 125 and therefore lost to Middlesex by 19 runs.