A LETTER TO ALL MEMBERS FROM MIDDLESEX CEO, RICHARD GOATLEY
I am delighted to inform you that the proposed governance changes were approved by a Special General Meeting of the Club’s members on 15th January 2019.
With this in mind, I am writing to you to advise you that we are inviting candidates to stand for the newly created Board that will oversee cricket in Middlesex. This Board will be constituted in June.
We are looking for candidates to stand for the position of Treasurer and for the three Board positions directly elected by the individual members.
As a guideline for those thinking of standing:
1. You must be a member of the Club
2. You should have significant time available to devote to Board meetings and work outside those meetings
3. We would welcome candidates with skills that would help in the general running of the Club such as the following areas: (this is not an exhaustive list):
• Cricket – professional or recreational
• Financial and risk management
• Investment/property management
• Sales and marketing
We are looking for an inclusive and diverse Board with respect but not limited to age, ability, gender, gender expression, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background and would actively encourage members of under-represented groups to apply for a position in order to help the Club achieve this objective.
If you would like to stand, please could you provide the following by 31 January 2019:
1. A correspondence by letter or email to myself from you confirming your wish to stand.
2. A correspondence by letter or email to myself from a member of the Club (either a 2018 member or someone who has already joined for 2019) proposing you.
3. A correspondence by letter or email to myself from a member of the Club (either a 2018 member or someone who has already joined for 2019) seconding you.
All 3 items of correspondence should be addressed either by mail or email to:
Mail: Richard Goatley, Chief Executive, Middlesex County Cricket Club, Lord’s Cricket Ground, London, NW8 8QN.
Email: [email protected]
I will acknowledge all correspondence.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Richard Goatley, Chief Executive, Middlesex Cricket