If you have any concerns in relation to the behaviour of an adult or a particular child, please contact:
Sharon Eyers (County Safeguarding Officer) 07557 956354 - [email protected]
If a child has suffered significant harm or is in immediate danger, please contact the Police / Ambulance Service or Borough Social Services Team immediately. Please follow this up with a call to Sharon Eyers 07557 956354 within 24 hours of the incident or concern.
Please title emails Safeguarding & Urgent and if a voice messaging service is reached, please leave a message saying your call is regarding a safeguarding matter and your call will be returned within 24 hrs.
In order for the incident or concern to be dealt with swiftly, please complete this Reporting form and send it titled Safeguarding & Urgent to the email addresses above.
ALL Affiliated Clubs and Leagues require a compliant Safeguarding Officer. Safeguarding Officers need to achieve the following accreditation criteria:
1. A current Safeguarding and Protection Children (SPC)
2. A current Safe Hands Workshop Certificate
3. A current Cricket Specific DBS Clearance
All these qualifications have a 3-year validity period.
For further information relating to the above please contact Sharon Eyers on 07557956354
DBS is short for the Disclosure & Barring Service which provides a vetting check on those working in a paid or voluntary role with children and vulnerable adults; it replaces the previously required CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checks.
Roles for cricket that MUST have a DBS check?
Anyone over the age of 16 holding any of the following positions in a club, league or other cricket organisation must have a valid and unexpired DBS certificate:
How do I obtain an Online DBS?
• You will receive an email from ECB DBS, please follow the link within and complete the online form. You will need to select 3 forms of ID to complete the process, full details are provided via the online form.
• Once the online form is completed, you will need to meet with your Club Safeguarding Officer or Club ID Verifier to present your ID and submit your online form. Please note, you must present the same three forms of ID used to complete the online information.
If your Club Safeguarding Officer or another designated representative would like to become a DBS Verifier please contact Sharon Eyers at [email protected]
For more information regarding DBS checks please visit