Middlesex Cricket acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children & adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance, complies with best practice and supports the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) requirements as documented in the games policy for safeguarding children - Safe Hands.
Middlesex Cricket is committed to ensuring that all children and adults within cricket, regardless of age, ability, gender, gender expression, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background have the right to enjoy the game in an environment safe from abuse of any kind.
The welfare of all children is paramount, with children’s welfare as the priority when considering procedures.The Children’s Acts 1989 & 2004 define children as anyone under the age of 18 years old.
As part of our safeguarding policy Middlesex Cricket will:
● appoint a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) within the senior leadership team and a
County Welfare Officer
● ensure safeguarding is reviewed at all Middlesex Cricket Executive Board meetings
● ensure everyone within Middlesex Cricket and its affiliated organisations understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children & adults
● ensure timely & appropriate action is taken in the event of disclosures, incidents or concerns of abuse and provide support to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
● All disclosures, incidents or concerns will be taken seriously
● ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
● prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
● ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation throughout the organisation
This policy and related procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved within Middlesex Cricket. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal or exclusion from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed annually or in the following circumstances: